Ms. Lasanta has been precepting Nurse Practitioner students for over 6 years and loves having them in her office.
Due to the nature of the procedures we teach, all students are required to sign Non – Disclosure Agreements. This office deals with many procedures and issues that are sexual in nature. Although we do require the up most professional behavior, you must be comfortable with discussing the most intimate details without judgment or offense. In other words, if you are easily offended by the word’s intercourse, penis, orgasms, or vagina, this would probably not be the location for you.
We will take students from all universities however you will be required to pass a verbal interview and be able to answer questions demonstrating basic primary care knowledge. You will be required to provide a curriculum vitae and it must be submitted with all your required paperwork prior to your interview.
Please note, we are usually booked up to 2 semesters in advance so please plan accordingly. Depending on your availability, we can only take 2 students per semester.
What we expect from you?
1. We expect that you will arrive on time, every day you are scheduled. 2 absences and you will be released. 2. We expect that you will review your human anatomy and physiology, you may bring resource books with you. 3. We expect that you will be able to discuss basic vital signs and symptoms for common ailments, including HTN, DM I and DM II, and CKD. 4. We expect that you will ask questions and demonstrations will be available with any staff as time permits. 5. We expect that you are willing to learn, most of you are used to critical care or inpatient care and should understand that OUR job as an outpatient provider is to keep our patients from becoming inpatients. 6. We expect that you will respect the wishes of any patient that declines your presence in their exam room.
What can you expect from us?
1. You can expect the staff to be professional in all aspects of your time with us.
2. You can expect to be challenged in your knowledge and encouraged to learn daily.
3. You can expect to be assigned patients to assess, diagnose, and plan their care.
4. You can expect to be provided with learning materials and resources for reference.
5. You can expect to work alongside our Nurse Practitioner as allowed, on a patient-to-patient basis.